News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

DECAY: Status update?

Started by reptile2k1, February 21, 2003, 06:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reptile2k1

So how far is DECAY? Can we see some playtesting snippets?

Just interested...
A good set of rules fits on less than 4 pages!

Jürgen Mayer

A playtesting "snippet"? Here ya go, directly from one of my playtest reports ;)

QuoteThe scene is interrupted by screams coming from children on the upper floor. After seeing where the real danger is, the mother runs upstairs together with Miyamoto. In the children's room they see two older kids hiding under the sheet of a bed and screaming and a Necro going for a baby in a crib. As they enter the room the Necro presses the baby against his chest and growls at them. Miyamoto draws his sword. A roll, two Dream dice (additional die because saving the baby from certain death is honourable) against one Decay. Pos. outcome: the Ronin beheads the Necro and catches the baby, neg. outcome: the Necro gets away. Decay wins again. Miyamoto's sword gets stuck in a roof beam - the Necro uses this to back away and jump through the window with the baby. Lullaby arrives on the scene.

Cue action music and start a chase over the roofs of the village.

edit: typo
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Jared A. Sorensen

Hey, everyone.

Thanks to a blast of InSpirado (apparently sent from the makers of Colgate as I was brushing my teeth at the time), I've solved the design conundrum that I've been wrassling with these few weeks.

Rejoice, make merry and anticipate updates...
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com