News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Something a bit... lighter

Started by Bailywolf, August 22, 2001, 01:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailywolf

I want to run Sorcerer for a small group of non-gamer friends, but don't want to freak them out too much.  Those who've read some of my ideas in the "conceptual stuff" thread know the dirrection my mind leans in.

I'd like to run something which invokes less horror, and more wonder- phantasmagorical rather than grotesque, more Lewis Carol, less Clive Barker.

They arn't shy about real and serious issues, I'm not looking for a Pokemon knock-off (Demons!  Gotta bind em' all! Gotta bind em all!), but something wierd in a collorful way.

Frankly, I'm stumped.

Any suggestions?  

joshua neff

Don't have the demons be "demons". Make them whimsical faeries with weird & lighthearted needs. Or, hell, go with the Pokemon idea. Since it's up to you to define exactly what a demon is, you can make it as light or as dark as you want.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Ron Edwards

Well, Demon Cops is just about to hit the site, once its PDF'ing is done.

It's based mainly on anime like Wicked City and the demons are more like sidekicks.

Best,
Ron

jburneko

To expand on what Josh said go for Chaos instead of Evil.  The idea being that you have these kind of fairys or trolls or something and Humanity represents 'control and order over one's life.'  Loss of humanity would be decent into chaos.

The idea is that these creatures (demons) start out as being little helping hands but for everything they start helping you with they start doing little mayhem like actions.  You walk into your business meeting only to discover that you don't have the project documents you SWORE you put in your briefcase.  You come home and your wife has discovered another woman's bra under your pillow.  And all the wile the little creatures just keep smiling and doing you favors.

Just listen to "In the Hall of The Mountain King" and you'll get the idea.

Jesse

kwill

d@vid

Jared A. Sorensen

Okay, so it's not a sterling piece of cinema, but check out Drop Dead Fred -- demons as imaginary friends. And now you're an adult. And now they're back...
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com