News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PM Stuff & Errors

Started by greyorm, February 25, 2003, 12:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyorm

A question about the private message functions:
I have two posts sitting in my Outbox right now, though I clicked "Send" on both of them. One is from much earlier (during the evening), the other from about an hour ago. Is this supposed to be happening or should they have dropped into my Sentbox by this time?

Second thing, a weird error cropped up when I attempted to send a private message after previewing said message: I got the "You cannot post so soon after your last post" error when I attempted to do so from the preview screen. This happened twice, both times after previewing the message.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: greyormA question about the private message functions:
I have two posts sitting in my Outbox right now, though I clicked "Send" on both of them. One is from much earlier (during the evening), the other from about an hour ago. Is this supposed to be happening or should they have dropped into my Sentbox by this time?

Second thing, a weird error cropped up when I attempted to send a private message after previewing said message: I got the "You cannot post so soon after your last post" error when I attempted to do so from the preview screen. This happened twice, both times after previewing the message.

First problem: PMs stay in your outbox until read by the recipient.

Second: man, I got no idea. I haven't had that happen, but I'll look into it.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

greyorm

Clinton,

The second happened again, but in a post on the regular forums this time, not a PM. I hit "Preview," looked my post over, then hit "Submit" and got the "you cannot post so soon after your last post" deal.

I don't know if it posted it when I Previewed it, or it tried to double-post when I Submitted. The post was in the recent discussion of an Urge-style game in the Sorcerer forums (if that helps at all in tracking the bug down).
Wild Hunt Studio

Valamir

I've had that happen when posting too.  Both times I'm pretty certain its because I double pumped on the Submit button and was sending the same message twice in rapid succession.

greyorm

Ralph,

I know I can definitely rule that out as a possibility. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't something with my browser: I've been dealing with something eerily similar elsewhere.
Wild Hunt Studio