News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Defence Dice

Started by A.Neill, February 28, 2003, 07:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Neill

Brief rules question – can anyone help?

I know this info is bound to be in the rulebook, starring me in the face – but I can't find it.

If, after an exchange of blows an attacker/person holding the initiative has no CP dice left, but the defender does, are these dice wasted (i.e. the defender should have used them in the last exchange)? Could the defender use 'left over' dice to try and win initiative?

Alan.

Spartan

Provided that there is an exchange left in the round, the initiative would pass to the defender automatically.  He may still choose not to attack, even if he has CP left.  If there have already been two exchanges (i.e. the round is over), then the left over dice are wasted and CPs refresh normally, IMO.

Keeping dice in reserve is a good tactic to disguise the number of dice in your CP, FWIW, but won't gain you an extra attack.

-Mark
And remember kids... Pillage first, THEN burn.

Sneaky Git

Quote from: NuredinIf, after an exchange of blows an attacker/person holding the initiative has no CP dice left, but the defender does, are these dice wasted (i.e. the defender should have used them in the last exchange)? Could the defender use 'left over' dice to try and win initiative?
Spartan is right.. Pools refresh if both exchanges have taken place, and the excess dice are lost.  If the "attacker" has initiative, but has run out of dice for the second exchange, the "defender" gains the initiative and may go on the offensive.

Always (or, how about almost always) a good idea to do whatever you can to avoid using all of your CP on the first exchange.

Chris
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

A.Neill