News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dardanet vs. Otamarluk: huh?

Started by dunlaing, March 12, 2003, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunlaing

Quote from: Mike HolmesTurkey had no less than four wars with Poland starting at the end if the fifteeth century, and lasting throughout the renaisance. They came through Moldavia mostly, and through Crimea, often with the support of the Tatars. Oh, yeah, and Moldavia was Christian.

Basically I see Taveruun as a satelite state of the Marluks that maintains it's sovergnty at thier pleasure.

Moldavia was basically an Ottoman vassal state by that time, I guess I just got a completely different feel for Taveruun from reading the description (particularly the wall). As written, Taveruun doesn't seem to be in that sort of position, it seems capable of fighting the Marluks (especially once the Marluk army is all the way in Dardanet)

contracycle

Quote from: MrGeneHaOne side acts as the Spartan 300, defending civilization at the pass.  The other side is on a mission from God to convert and conquer the world.

Which is which?
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

MrGeneHa

Well, I guess the side with the invading army must be trying to block the invasion at the pass.   It wouldn't make any sense for the natives to defend their land against an invasion ; )

Seriously, the post of mine you quoted assumed that Albania and the Ottomans were the model for the situation.  Note my quote about Albania and the Turks.  If you alter the nature of Dardanet (not ruled by divided warlords, unified by a Genghis Khan or Attilla) the situation could easily be reversed.  Small barbarian nations have often ravaged great empires.

So a small band of Marluks could fend off a Dardanian horde at the pass.  But that gets rid of the TRoS description of Dardanet's politics completely.

Gene
Ceci n'est pas un sig file.