News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Quickstart game

Started by Irmo, March 17, 2003, 04:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irmo

Just yesterday, I ran a quickstart game on a German RPG con. Given that it was the first actual play shot at TROS for all involved I think it was pretty decent, and given that out of three players, one made his char just at the start of play and one while play had already started, (the first had made it one hour prior to start) I hope I managed to get everyone involved and the impromptu plot along in a decent fashion. Surprisingly, all characters got out unscathed, since the two Cyrinthmeirans were armored with chain shirts and shield and could shrug off what hits they receiced and the Angharad mercenary usually cleaved two opponent in half with his greatsword before they even had a chance to hit him which led to the other opponents' calling for a quick retreat after two of them found out that two halves doesn't make a whole bandit, one other was busy keeping his entrails from falling out after a slash by the Cyrinthmeiran knight.

We were baffled at one point by a few apparent typos in the Quickstart rules, though I improvised my way around them. Do we have errata for them somewhere?

Stephen

There's no errata sheet right now, but I can probably tell you what they should have been if you can post some examples here....
Even Gollum may yet have something to do. -- Gandalf