News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Fate of the Fey

Started by Sneaky Git, March 30, 2003, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

I think at this point we're pretty much inverting Spain's conquest of Mexico.

...Not that this is BAD, necessarily.  It would be truly bizarre and rather amusing from a distance.  Downright scary from a PC-level perspective.  Could you imagine a campaign starting as 'An unknown army is laying siege to Xanarium.  You and your friends must decide to fight, hide, or escape.' ?  Gah.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is - and I admit this is just my personal bias - this story would up the magic level of the setting a LOT higher than my personal vision of TROS.  Of course, thats just me, and I'll happily cheer on anyone who actually did this as a campaign :)

Ashren Va'Hale

heres one to elaborate on my previous idea, imagine if the new world fey just want to be left alone so they use their magic to hide the continent from pesky explorers, only, well, they missed a few, namely the PC's (savaxen PC's would be great) and these PC's are being annoying and telling everyone back home about their nifty discovery so these fey decide to do a little cleaning up and damage control... how? welll, that depends on their temperment and what is available I suppose.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Nick the Nevermet

I like it.  It allows a small number of Fey to be hiding in the shadows, trying to destroy the PCs.  Meanwhile, the poor PCs wouldn't necessarily know who or even why they're being attacked / slandered / whatever.

Ashren Va'Hale

First of all, ALEX DONT READ THIS! SPOILER AHEAD! THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO GEORGE! (sorry had to warn my players).

this would make life particularly hellish for them plus be a fun  way to mess with their heads, instead of having them be the ones who foud the continent they could be the poor fools who were seen talking to the old drunken sailor who rambled about the time they found it and the poor pcs just happened to listen to the story while the fey hunters were in the room in line of sight thus resulting in the PC's being targeted for elimination ASAP by said fey. In th emorning the PC's wake to find the poor old man dismembered in the common room and no witnesses.... maybe even have the PC's take the blame?

And to complicate things further the local fey court hears of some strange outsider fey with a funny accent wandering around nearby and decides to check it out and chases down the PC's to question them. This would be a great reason for any fey PC to be involved with the Human PC's....

Hey jake, how would you like me to write up this as an adventure hook? Maybe throw it in to sorcery and the fey?  Let me know what you think!
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Ashren Va'Hale

Hey jake, how would you like me to write up this as an adventure hook? Maybe throw it in to sorcery and the fey?  Let me know what you think!

I'm always accepting adventure hooks.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

PAD the MAD

Hi all,

Personally I've quietly taken this aspect of Weyrth into my campaign.

The PCs / Players don't know yet, but an important NPC that some of them are tracking down (for different reasons*) is actually a Fey who has been sent out from the Fey Realm to see if the answer to the Fey's decline is out in the human world.

*on his journey he hasn't been able to resist meddling at various courts and one female PC has him down as an "evil/good/hot Nemesis"

So, he's looking for answers while being looked for in turn...

As to what is out there to find, I haven't decided yet but the ideas on this thread have been quite thought provoking.

Thanks!

BFN

PAD
You know you're an Evil GM when your players make up back up Rolemaster characters in readiness for the next session