News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Crunchy Contests for Hero Wars

Started by simon_hibbs, April 03, 2003, 07:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon_hibbs

I've written up the laternative contest rules I use in my game as a PDF document. It includes some forms, an example of play and spot rules section covering special situations.

My basic approach is that the four levels of success in a Hero Wars simple contest are cumulative, and the results carry over from each round into the next. Thus two Minor Successes add up to a Complete Success, for example. Instead of inflicting defeats on your opponent in this way, you can inflict wound penalties.

What's the best way for me to make it available here? I can email it to anyone who asks, but I don't have a web page of my own.

There's also a copy on the hero wars rules discussion list files area:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hw-rules/files/Crunchy_Contests.pdf

Any comments are welcome. Particularly if you have any questions about how to handle particular situations. I'd love to be able to add more spot rules, or enhance the example of play.

Simon Hibbs
Simon Hibbs

MrWrong

Simon I'ld be more than happy to post it in the Herowars section of the Eurolog site, and post the link here.

Sounds like a good idea to me :)
Regards

;O)Newt

simon_hibbs

Quote from: MrWrongSimon I'ld be more than happy to post it in the Herowars section of the Eurolog site, and post the link here.

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Sure, grab a copy from the yahoogroup, or email me for a copy. The email button didn't show up on your post, but you should be able to private mail me so I can mail you back.

Simon Hibbs
Simon Hibbs

MrWrong

Apologies Simon this has taken so long, small thing called Genconuk got in the way, but I've mirrored your Crunchy contests rules over at www.eurolog.org

Grab em from http://www.eurolog.org/downloads/HQ/Crunchy_Contests.pdf

Regards
Regards

;O)Newt