News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

not just what you want, but who to do it

Started by Paul Czege, April 03, 2003, 05:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Mike HolmesAs I was poting my post, I was thinking, "Ron's going to call for a game about that place that we dare not look; ourselves. And then, he'd be just a bastard enough to suggest that I do it, because he knows that I'm the last person who wants such a game."

Wait a minute. Weren't you the champion of Sorcerer without magic? Where the Demons are really your inner Demons that you have to overcome? There's a thread around here someplace....
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Valamir

Quote from: JulieDiseases.  Think about it.

Feel free to laugh and point at me now.

Heh, actually I just taught Seth and his wife how to play Acquire.  We decided that the way the board develops resembles bacteria in a petri dish more than real estate development.

I don't know about bacteria as an RPG, but it might make a pretty cool card game.  Something on the level of Nuclear War or Creedo.

Mike Holmes

Actaully, Ralph, Julie, I long ago invented a game called "Life in a petri dish". The board was made on the back of a pizza cardboard disk.

Later I learned that someone had done nearly the same thing, called Ursuppe. Which I've played quite a bit since then. Ralph, if you've not played it, I know it's right up your alley being a GAG (German Abstract Game).

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Mike Holmes

QuoteWait a minute. Weren't you the champion of Sorcerer without magic? Where the Demons are really your inner Demons that you have to overcome? There's a thread around here someplace....

In the words of the Reverend Jesse Jackson, I deny the allegation, and I deny the alligator.

Basically, I really dislike metaphor. Hence wanting to "fix" Sorcerer. But that doesn't mean I'd want to play the outcome.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jonathan Walton

Plus, memes spread like diseases.  Somebody comes up with an idea and spreads it around.  Ideas are contagious, after all.  Even bad ideas.

talysman

Quote from: Jonathan WaltonAnd if Shreyas is going to write a non-story game about poetic narrative, that means I have to come up with something else for John (talysman) to do...

How about a game based on the non-canonical pseudopigrapha, apocrypha, and gnostic scriptures that didn't make it into the Bible?  Hypostasis of the Archons, the Gospel of Thomas, the Childhood of the Savior, the Books of Enoch, the War of the Sons of Light with the Sons of Darkness, etc.  Just sit the man down with a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi texts and let him go.  Not sure what would come out of that, but DAMN would it be cool!

just to clarify: by "based on non-canonical scriptures", did you mean based on the history/scholarship of these scriptures, or based on their contents?

although I'm considering doing both.

... heck, I've got "The Other Bible" (a big anthology of exactly that stuff) around here somewhere, and mircea eliade's history of religious ideas... I may start this after I finish the Co9C playtest edition and Talk Trash, but before I get around to the '50s space SF game. might be a couple weeks before I get started, though.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg