News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Non-indie at GenCon

Started by Jake Norwood, April 05, 2003, 01:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Okay, so that non-indie games are you itching to play, particularly at GenCon? I really want to play Adventure! and some superhero game (don't care which, though), and maybe Over the Edge and Unknown Armies. And I want to be a player, not the GM. Any takers?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

szilard

What you said. Pretty much exactly.

Stuart
My very own http://www.livejournal.com/users/szilard/">game design journal.

Rich Forest

Castle Falkenstein.  

Josh Neff mentioned it here.  For my part, if I can make it to Gen Con (fingers crossed), I hereby officially volunteer to either a) run a session (I have a couple set up that have worked well in the past) or b) play in a session that Josh runs.

Rich

joshua neff

Damn, Rich. If you make it to GenCon & run Falkenstein, I have to make it to GenCon to play it.

& If Jake wants to play superheroes, I might whip something up with Mutants & Masterminds that I could run.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Enoch

I want to play some Wild Talents.  Unknown Armies is great too.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave

Mike Holmes

OK, I'm in on the Falkenstien.

Also, I'll be running the superheroes game, damnit, and I'll be using HERO System 5th edition. Characters made on the spot in less than ten minutes, garunteed. Simmy goodness all the way.

UA is a great game for a Con, especially if you can get Stolze to run it. Holy cow can that guy GM.

I'd also like to do some Paranoia with some of yous guys.

All that said, given the number of Indie games present, I expect exactly zero of this all to occur in actuallity. Like given a chance to play TROS with Jake again, I wouldn't choose that. Right. Or Jared's InSpectres game. Just not bloody likely.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jürgen Mayer

Hey, I wanna be in that Castle Falkenstein game, too! I'll be the only one who can pronounce Falkenstein correctly anyway ;-)
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Rich Forest

Well now, it looks like I'd better make sure to get to Gen Con, with all this interest in a Castle Falkenstein game.  I can't let everybody down now :-)

Rich

Enoch

Heh heh.  I used to think it was Frankenstein.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave