News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

tales of weyrth

Started by Ashren Va'Hale, April 06, 2003, 07:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashren Va'Hale

I would be interested in hearing some of your interesting adventures and stories played within the weyrth setting. I was reading through some of the header and introductory stories and I was thinking that they are the best way to get a feel for a setting or theme or idea and I was curious as to what stories fellow gamers have developed in play for the weyrth setting. or just cool gaming moments for that matter.
Please, share!
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Ashren Va'Hale

Ok, no one has responded so I will post my own story.
My latest charcter was a professional assasin for gelure who went AWOL and was cpatured by slavers and sold to a wealthy official in otamarluk. This really bad since he was going to be used as a Mook in a gladitorial fight. So he uses his acting skill to pass himself off as an entertainer and he puts up a comedy show instead of fighting. This gets him out of the fight pits and into the household of the noble. There he befirends the head concubine and agrees to kill the noble in exchange for her help in escaping.
So he kills the noble and most of the gurads, grabs some loot and busts out and engages in one huge get away from teh city. In the end he ends up royally screwing over the sultan by kiling a few other notable nobles who got in his way as well as ruining a shipment of slaves coming into town. In the end he ends up killing about 50 people of various noteworthiness and that was the majority but not entirety of the party's kills.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Ron Edwards

H'm, I missed this post for some reason.

Our story was set in Zaporozhya, near the Zhibaran border. Lots of kozaks, hussars, and grassy plains.

It was a border story, meaning that a Zhibaran noble was horning in on a community's power structure with his gold. He was backed up by an Imjian sorcerer who had his own plans for the area, and matters were complicated by a small mercenary squad who'd wintered in the area and was waiting for said gold.

The characters were the local military warchief type (not the Voivode, but the Voivode's main guy) and one of the mercenaries, a Pole (whoops, I mean a Rczeky-whatever guy).

It started as a lot of ugly politics and power-plays, including some hi-jinks by a group of local hellraisers, but escalated into the sorcerer making use of the local saint-legends. Considering that one player-character was in love with the Voivode's wife and was Destined to become the new Voivode, and that the other was a staunch atheist who was Destined to become, himself, a religious icon ... well, it was fun.

I particularly like the fate of the risen saint-woman - she was killed by the atheist mercenary in order to stop the sorcerer from using her further, such that he was, afterward, never sure again that she wasn't a saint after all. I also like the way that I played the Voivode's wife, such that the player whose character was in love with her actually liked her a lot (contrary to his expectations).  

Best,
Ron