News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What does it take for a designer to get a Forge forum?

Started by Andy Kitkowski, April 07, 2003, 03:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

I was just curious as to what it takes. Is there a certain amount that you've had to produce, or do you have to be hosted on the Forge? Are there any rules of thumb?

Specifically, I was thinking of Rafael and his Dread RPG. Rafael himself doesn't seem to have a huge amount of ties on The Forge (that is, he doesn't post a huge amount), but there's been a lot of talk recently on the Dread Newsgroup at Yahoo.com... I thought something like a Dread RPG forum here would be cool, as rules questions, revision info, etc could be archived here. Plus, people surfing on the Forge could hop into it, which may generate a few sales and certainly more interest.

On the other hand, though, a flood of forums by anyone under the sun who wants them might not be a good idea... After all, what happens if they abandon their product, etc.

Just curious what the policy/guideline/rule of thumb was.

Thanks!
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Ron Edwards

Hi Andy,

"What does it take ..." I'm tempted to answer, well, all kinds of things. The temptation, the temptation ...

This one's kind of old: How do I get my own forum?

This one summarizes the current outlook: Question for moderators

Best,
Ron

Andy Kitkowski

Interesting.  Thanks, Ron!

-Andy

ps- I was curious in general- I don't know if Rafael specifically had contacted you, or if he's even aiming for a Forge Forum, etc.  I don't speak for him or his stuff at all, but I do my part to support it. :-)
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.