News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

24 Hour Game

Started by philreed, April 08, 2003, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philreed

Quote from: Andy KitkowskiSorry I'm jumping in late, I had very little to contriute.

I just downloaded the final PDF.

Creating the game, I figured, would take all the time available. I imagined little more than long strings of text. The layout of this document is amazing. Truly amazing, given the amount of time you spent on it.

JESUS H. CHRIST, Philip, you really cease to amaze me.

I'll assume you meant "never" in place of "really." If I'm wrong please don't tell me since it would hurt my feelings.

The layout and art was actually the very first thing I worked on. I then wrote around the pages I designed and made minor tweaks to the page design as needed. I find this really works for me since it lets me work on something I need (but don' need my brain for . . . that was all done on autopilot) and think about what I'll be writing while I work in Photoshop. I highly recommend working this way.

I'm anxious to read over stuff tonight but it may not happen since my day is really going to hell. I pray for the day I can spend at home just working on my own projects.
------------------------
www.roninarts.com

iago

So, Phil, is the general vibe to start a new topic for critiquing the games that have been done, and keep this as a pure development thread?

philreed

Quote from: iagoSo, Phil, is the general vibe to start a new topic for critiquing the games that have been done, and keep this as a pure development thread?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll try and post one "critique" a day starting tomorrow. Someone else feel free to start the new thread.
------------------------
www.roninarts.com

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: philreedI'll assume you meant "never" in place of "really." If I'm wrong please don't tell me since it would hurt my feelings.

Oops- Typo! Fixed now... :)

Yeah, I guess I should save my critique (which amounts to little more than "F*in' Awesome Job, guys!" until I get a chance to really read it) for another thread...
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

iago

bluegargantua

I'm gonna take a crack at this.  We'll see what pops out 24 hours from now.  I'll tell you right now, it won't be nearly as pretty as vs. Monsters.  Gol darn bar-raisers....

:)
Tom
The Three Stooges ran better black ops.

Don't laugh, Larry would strike unseen from the shadows and Curly...well, Curly once toppled a dictatorship with the key from a Sardine tin.

philreed

Quote from: bluegargantuaI'm gonna take a crack at this.  We'll see what pops out 24 hours from now.  I'll tell you right now, it won't be nearly as pretty as vs. Monsters.  Gol darn bar-raisers....

Good luck!
------------------------
www.roninarts.com

Ryan Chaddock

Hmm.  I think I'd like to try it tonight, but I don't know.  I've never done any layout before and I've never worked with acrobat format.  Plus my job could get in the way in terms of needing sleep.  Lemme see if I can get some Acrobat stuff up and running.

This stuff is really inspiring.  I'm getting all kinds of ideas just reading everyone else's posts and games.  Hopefully I wont come up with a good one BEFORE I start.
-Ryan

Ron Edwards

Hello,

The last few posts are pretty empty, folks. Please consider this (wonderful) thread closed, and head for the threads about the games.

If you're doing your own 24-hour RPG, good for you and post about it after you have something to show. Don't post about "I'ma gonna do it!" please.

Best,
Ron