News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Question about DONJON character sheets...

Started by Andy Kitkowski, April 15, 2003, 07:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Not a serious, question, mind you, but a question nonetheless. :-)

"I gets my scrilla from pimpin' "

Er... What does that mean? We brought it up in my group: Everyone knows sorfta what it means, but not really much more than that.

Also, what's the story behind that quote?

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Clinton R. Nixon

In the original playtest version of the text, this quote appeared at the top of the equipment chapter, which was called Scrilla at the time. Scrilla's like quong: it's the whole package. It's the goods, the gold, and the love.

I definitely gets my scrilla from pimpin'.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jared A. Sorensen

jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jonathan Walton

Wait, quong?  How the hell do you pronouce that?  Kyoo-ong?  Koo-ong?  Koo-ohng?  I know it's not Chinese, but it sounds close enough to make me interested.

Clinton R. Nixon

For all answers regarding quong, watch Jerry Maguire. Cuba Gooding Jr. will teach you all about the quong.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andy Kitkowski

Maybe that should be the tagline for Donjon 2E.  Put up a big, impressive colon, even, White Wolf style!

DONJON SECOND EDITION:
Scrilla by Pimpin'
[/size]
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Ben Morgan

Okay, I didn't think anything of it when I started putting little funny quotes at the bottom of my character sheets a while ago (and couldn't resist the urge to continue the trend with this one). I had no idea that anyoe would actually pay attention to them. :)

I gets my scrilla from jackin' cars.

-- Ben
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light