News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Yggdrasil: "Ygg take 3" - Director's Cut

Started by Christoffer Lernö, April 16, 2003, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoffer Lernö

Ok, I just wanted a funny name for the subject. So sue me.

Anyway, I wanted to make an updated version of the example of play I wrote up... uh, a year ago. The original is found here.

[Brokk: Adventurous dwarven trader, Yon Doh: experienced human huntsman and tracker, Grendel: young, rash and compassionate swordsman, Brim: a young sorceress]

GM: You see a trail of blood leading down the cracked staircase.

GM: roll awareness

GM checks all results. [to see if anyone deserves some extra hints]

Brokk: What kind of blood is it?

Brim: I pick up a little and sense it.

GM to Brim: It must be human blood

Brim: *Sniff* *sniff* Human blood, it lacks the potency of demon blood. I can feel it. Looking longingly on her fingers. [Brim's player is elaborating on established mythos]

Yon: Then we didn't even injure it. Turning to Grendel: How are you holding up?

Grendel: Takes more than that to kill me.

Brim: I start down the stairs

GM: You all follow Brim down?

Rest: Yes.

GM: Everybody roll awareness

GM checks people's results. [same reason as before]

GM: As you venture further down the stench of decay and death grows ever stronger.

Brim: I summon my demon knives

GM to Brim: Roll.

Brim: Oh, I gain taint.

Brim: At my command demonic energies starts running like electricity around me.

Brokk: I look on grimly.

Brim: The twin demon knives appear, faintly glowing in the dark. Familiar demon marks appear on my skin as it turns deadly pale.

Brim (whispering): I am ready.

Yon: It wasn't necessary.

Brim (whispering): It was and you know it.

Grendel: We have no time to waste! Why aren't we going down?

Brim: I continue down the stairs

GM: As you reach the bottom you hear strange sounds from within. A kind of gnawing sound which really bothers you.

Grendel: I ready my sword.

GM: Ok. Do I need to mention there is little light other than Brokk's torch?

Brim: I will take care of it. Summon the death lanterns!

GM to Brim: Roll. Good roll, describe it to the others.

Brim: I raise my hand (raises her hand) and at the command a whirlwind of faint lights, growing increasingly stronger appears. The motion slowly wears off as the lights grow stronger. Strange lights in the shape of twisted demons start dancing around me.

Brokk: What the hell is that?

Brim (whisper): Death lanterns, don't touch them, it will kill them.

Brokk shies away from Brim

GM: You continue through a wide passage into a large chamber. It's lit with an eerie bluish white gloom seemingly coming from the walls and the floor. It cast strange shadows on the DEMON WOLF gnawing on the bones of the little girl you came to rescue. And beyond...

Grendel: Damn them all! I attack!

GM: Let me finish, and beyond, on a throne, the shape of young woman, peacefully sitting, legs crossed, smiling at you. You sense she is not human, if nothing else than for the fact that the Demon Wolf looks up at her from time to time as if it was he faithful dog.

Grendel: I've had it! They hurt so many innocent people. I jump forward with my sword, attacking first the Wolf.

Brim (whisper): NOO! GREN!

Yon: Wait!

GM: Gren, narrate how you want to attack, but I'll take over before you hit.

Grendel: I throw myself forward, my magic blade trailing behind me in an arc of death to smote the Wolf!

GM: Good! Suddenly the woman opens her palm and a glyph like that of an eye appears in a burst of light. Grendel, you get caught in it in mid-air!

GM to the rest: You see Grendel freezed in midflight, transfixed by a pale light. In fact it almost seems as if his soul is being sucked out of him...

Brim (whisper): Deathlight? No, impossible! Only humans can use demonic magic!
formerly Pale Fire
[Yggdrasil (in progress) | The Evil (v1.2)]
Ranked #1005 in meaningful posts
Indie-Netgaming member