News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

aaawww....

Started by Nick the Nevermet, April 17, 2003, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

While procrastinating, I found someone's personal RPG awards.

The relevant bit: TROS was listed as a runner up for best game.

Of course, I have absolutely no idea aboyt this site, or how they select the games.  Still... thought it should be mentioned.

(Motive for mentioning: The faith that warm & fuzzies help fuel Jake's creative and productive fires :)  )

Valamir

Are you referring to Andy Kitkowskies Indie RPG awards that have been promoted at the Forge and RPG net and other sites for several months?

If so, those awards are not "personal" in the sense of an individual's choice but were voted on by a number of indie game designers (including yours truly and presumeably Jake also).

I was at the ceremony for the awards last night which was alot of fun, and Matt Snyder's Dust Devils narrowly beat out TROS and Cartoon Action Hour for the big prize of the night.

TROS did win an award for best Support.

It was the first year of what promises to be an annual event.  

OBAM should qualify for entry into the supplement category next year.

Nick the Nevermet

Hiya,

It was the Pen & Paper awards, at this URL:
http://www.pen-paper.net/awards.php

The award is from open-ended fan responses.  I had a dangerously low level of detail in my last post, and I apologize about that.  I also should have ended with, 'has anyone else heard of this site or its awards?' (as always, i'm clueless)

As for the indie awards, I knew about those, and I think they're a nifty idea too :)

Valamir

Well that makes two runner ups for best game of the year then...not too shabby.

Mike Holmes

Yes, congrats, Jake on winning the Indie Awards Best Support category, and coming close on several other awards. Well done sir!

And I daresay that some of the credit for the support award can go to some of the more dedicated individuals on this forum. You know who you are. Give yourselves a pat on the back. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Brian Leybourne

Yeah, congrats Jake. You deserve it, my man.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion