News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer's Soul

Started by Nev the Deranged, April 24, 2003, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

Well, I have (at least temporarily) completed my Sorcerer ouvre, with the recent purchase of Sorcerer's Soul.  It's pretty intense.  Really really has me jazzed to play.  The example plots really got my blood pumping, especially the swashbuckling one =>

A suggestion for anyone who likes convoluted plots with complicated relationship maps, tons of characters, betrayal, lies, double and triple crosses, surprise revelations, murder, mayhem, violence, tragedy, romance, etc...  play any of the excellent Tactics Ogre series of console strategy games.  The first one, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, is for PS2, and Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis is for GBA.  They are both excellent games, full of magic, heroism, and dastardly deeds, where every decision by the player alters the destiny of the entire land.  /plug.

Seriously though, I resisted getting Soul for a while because I didn't think it would be up my alley, but as I began to understand the thematic underpinnings of the game, I realized that I would be missing an important peice of the puzzle without it.  Especially since every time I thought I was on the right track, someone told me otherwise <heh>.

Anyway, it's cool.  When does Sex and Sorcery come out?

Ron Edwards

Hi Nev,

I'm glad you asked about Sex & Sorcery. I'm looking at the proofs from the printer right now, which are beautiful.

As for "when," it's all a mystery at this point. They print, they bind, the shippers ship, and the distributors receive ... Machines and mail set the time limits, after I say "Go!" to the printer.

Which is what's happening today.

Best,
Ron