News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Nifty octaNe-ish Images

Started by Matt Steflik, June 14, 2003, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Steflik

Hopeful nobody has posted this before - if this is old hat, my appologies.
The link below goes to a homebrew miniatures ruleset called "Axles and Alloys" - a game that uses converted Hotwheels and Matchbox cars to play out Mad Max style road combat.  Can't comment on the game rules as I'm not really into miniature/tape measure/etc games, but the galleries are packed with cool images:

http://www.owencooper.com/axlesalloys

Poking around the links on the site (lots of cool stuff) I must make a special mention of this one I found to...

THE CAR (wow!):

http://www.insoc.org/Car.HTML

Jared A. Sorensen

Dude, I've seen that car in person outside a goth club in S.F. :)
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jared A. Sorensen

A&A looks like a lot of fun. Man, cool cars. Makes me wish I knew how to do stuff like that (I have two 1:18 scale cars from when I was at GenCon 2002 and I'd lurve to make them into octaNe cars).

- J

arcadia

Did the one you saw in SF have a cow skull on the front? Believe it or not there are at least two road warrior style cars in the bay area. A couple of friends of mine built (or un built) one for burning man last year and they frequent goth clubs in SF. Theirs also has a replica machine gun that runs on propane and O2 that can mount on the back but with the current climate they usually leave it unmounted.

-arcadia
Dave Perry

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: arcadiaDid the one you saw in SF have a cow skull on the front? Believe it or not there are at least two road warrior style cars in the bay area. A couple of friends of mine built (or un built) one for burning man last year and they frequent goth clubs in SF. Theirs also has a replica machine gun that runs on propane and O2 that can mount on the back but with the current climate they usually leave it unmounted.

No, I saw Kurt's (from Info. Society) car (the black one with the chain mesh -- THE CAR from those pics).

Did your friends do THUNDERDOME? If so, I think I know one of 'em. ;)

- J

arcadia

QuoteDid your friends do THUNDERDOME? If so, I think I know one of 'em. ;)

Could very well be. The car is owned by Kevin and Richard helped him build it.

You can check out some very Octane picks from last years Death Guild encampment here

//www.meridianstudios.com/Richard/EventPics/PictureTemplate.htm

This year is probably the last Burning man for the car. It's getting too civilized an they were asked to not bring the machine gun this year :|

-arcadia
Dave Perry