News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Two Weapon Fighting

Started by Eduardoh, May 24, 2003, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eduardoh

Ok...First Question and Hope you understand me.

I´ve just finished giving the book a quick read. So... here go my questions:

If I am attacking my foe with 2 scimitars ( just for example ), and he is using only 1 sword. My CP is 13 dice, his is 12 dice.

1) I attack him with 6 dices, do I use 6 dices to each scimitar?
2) Do I split this atack, like, 3 dice to each scimitar?
3) Can he block/parry both my attacks?
4) If he can block only one ( what I think is more realistic ) the other is going to land no mather what?
5) If he is using only one weapon, no shield, nothing, just 1 weapon, is there a way he can block both my atacks?
6) Can someone give an example of a 2 sword man fighting against a 1 sword fighting?

Now...my foe has a sword and a shield or 2 weapons

1) Can he block both my attacks?
2) does he split his defense pool?
3) example please!

Thanks and feel free to add anything you migt think I have forgot to ask and you think might get me clear!!

Thank´s

Eduardo

Ashren Va'Hale

attacking with two weapons in riddle of steel falls under the maneuver "dual strike" which is in the offensive maneuver section of the book. Two weapons also allows you to execute the simultaneous block strike and a few nifty other  maneuvers in that section. Re reading that section will help you inderstand better.

You woudl basically split your attacking dice into each weapon, thus if you took 6 dice out you could divide them 3 and 3 or some other such combo. The opponent would have to block each or full evade, if he is using two weapons then he could attempt to parry each, or if he has sword and shield etc. If the opponent has one weapon then full evade would be most prudent.

Keep in mind that you need to take into account range penalties for each weapon.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Brian Leybourne

That's right. Two weapons = double parry; Sword + Shield = Parry+Block, but Evading (full or partial) is the best way to handle a double attack, since it works against each attack at the same time. Remember that you can only full evade if you didn't attack the previous exchange, so you should always keep that in mind and double attack your opponent when you know he can't full evade, getting rid of his most potent defense against the double attack.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Eamon Voss

Two weapon fighting in TROS is best done when you have a big CP and aren't suffering from fatigue or injury.

Which matches my kali experience perfectly.
Realism in a melee game is not a matter of critical hit charts, but rather the ability to impart upon the player the dynamism of combat.