News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Donjon] Trouble with First Session

Started by Ravious, May 30, 2003, 04:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravious

Ok we had 4 players.

Strong Guy with: Lift Anything, Bend Metal, Flex Muscles (intimidation), Sit On, and Punch Good

Pirate with: Rape and Pillage, Swashbuckle with a Sword, Sail a Pirate Ship, and two others

Princess with: Eat Anything, Ride Pony, Cut Hair, Look Good, and something else.

and another character, who just preferred to laugh.

Anyway it started out okay...we had to share dice a lot which was okay.

But, then to be funny the Strong Guy asked the Pirate for his sword. Then tried to bend it and failed. So they "fought" which just ended up with the Strong Guy sitting on the Pirate.

But then the Princess thought it would be funny to eat the Pirate's shoe. So the Pirate got mad and Raped and Pillaged her. His two extra facts were rip up her dress and kill her pony. Are these acceptable facts or do they require more rolls or what? It was his primary skill.

Also, we had trouble after that happened and began argueing about the secondary skills, are all the mentioned secondary skills acceptable you think?

We all agreed that it would be very nice of the designer to make a long list of primary and secondary skills to give a mich better idea. I am sorry but the examples in the game were not enough, IMO.

All in all, I don't think I have laughed harder in any RPG. But would still like a little more guidance with the skills.

Thx, Rav

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Ravious
But, then to be funny the Strong Guy asked the Pirate for his sword. Then tried to bend it and failed. So they "fought" which just ended up with the Strong Guy sitting on the Pirate.

But then the Princess thought it would be funny to eat the Pirate's shoe. So the Pirate got mad and Raped and Pillaged her. His two extra facts were rip up her dress and kill her pony. Are these acceptable facts or do they require more rolls or what? It was his primary skill.

Also, we had trouble after that happened and began argueing about the secondary skills, are all the mentioned secondary skills acceptable you think?

Your secondary abilities look pretty good. You'd have to make sure and limit "Sit On" a bit - sitting on anything would be a Primary Ability, methinks. As far as facts go, it looks like you have them down. Purposefully, I don't specify how far facts can go too much. In my games, each discrete piece of info is a fact. For example, "I see four goblins behind that bush" is three facts:
- There's goblins.
- There's four of 'em.
- They're behind that bush.

However, I'm on the strictest edge of how to determine facts. The killing of the pony was a bit much - I'd have actually called for combat on that one, especially as it didn't directly relate to the, urm, molestation of the princess.

I'm glad you're having fun with the game. Let us know how it progresses. (I, too, played a great game of Donjon last night.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games