News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Exile

Started by TheGameBoy, June 02, 2003, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameBoy

a few months ago, at my first shot at Indie RPG creation, I made a RPG version of the Computer RPG: Exile. It is a simple game, and fairly straightforward. I don't have character sheets for it, and I have only playtested it twice. If anyone wants to see it, respond. If I get enough interests, I might put up a Yahoo Group for it.
Response and Comments appreciated.
-----------
Play for keeps

greyorm

Er, could you try telling us something more about the game here?
This forum is specifically for design -- not advertising -- hence responses and comments are difficult to supply when there's no content.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Emmett

I never found Exile to be too interesting a game. It always crashed for one, but I found it a tad dull.

I know what game you are taking about and even though I have no interest whatever, I echo greyorm's request for a more cogent post.

Mr. TheGameBoy, in my opinion, there is little point to making a RPG of a computer RPG if you are not going to greatly elaborate on it's story, sociology and characters. Why would I roll die, do math and write for a game that I can play on my PC. I don't mean that RPGs should be CRPGs, I mean that CRPGs are very limited and that is why I don't play them often. (Although I do like the EV line of games from Ambrosia, they are more RPG than most CRPGs.)

The next point that needs to be made is that Exile is a copywritten product. Indie-RPGs need protection from copywrite theft more than most, so I think the first thing you should do is contact Exile's writers and ask if you can publish an RPG. Beyond that would be stealing their ideas.
Cowboys never quit!!!