News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Pretender Revised

Started by xiombarg, June 19, 2003, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

IIRC, this is the correct forum for "open comments" on a game, because Indie Design is for talking about more specific design questions.

Well, I incorporated the proposed changes, and more, into Pretender. Expect to see a Actual Play thread based on the last playtest session, which confirmed those changes work. The game is (IMHO) cleaner, more streamlined, and fun.

I'm looking for general commentary, both on the design in the game sense and the design in the HTML sense -- I added some visual relief in the form of some photographics which I hope enhance the feel of the game.

Anyhoo, please check it out. Thank you all!

(Now, if I can get over the hump at my day job, I can finally try to get together the final playtest of Unsung before I get to work on the PDF/POD version.)
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

lumpley

Look how cute we all were, with our hair! (Well okay, I was that cute in 1990, not 1980-whatever, but still.)

You know I dig this game.  I'm looking forward to the actual play post.

-Vincent

xiombarg

It's up.

As far as the pictures go, I personally like combining the concert crowd with the "group action" section. ;-D

Mike Holmes

Seems to me that with the personal test of the game such a success, that the only thing left to do is to get some independent playtesting done. Do you have plans for that?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

xiombarg

Well, my plan, as soon as I get out from under my day job, is to re-focus on getting Unsung finished. However, if someone wants to playtest this independant of me -- as an indie netgame, perhaps -- I'm all about that, and everyone involved would recieve due credit.

If someone wants to do a "playtest trade" (i.e. you playtest mine and I'll playtest yours), I'm up for that, but I still feel bad because I still can't get my group to play Universalis...