News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shield bash?

Started by lemmiwinks, June 26, 2003, 11:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemmiwinks

As I passed over the combat section I failed to notice any manuevers regarding a shield bash or push.  Are there any rules that I missed that regard this issue?

Malechi

I may be mistaken, but the Sword and Shield proficiency includes Bind and Strike, which uses the shield to execute the "Bind" component.  Not exactly shield bash, granted.  I expect if this is going to be gotten into, it'll be in The Flower of Battle, an up-comnig supplement.  Have a closer look at the proficiency lists for maneuvres that include the off-hand.  And not just the Shield and Sword prof.  

Jason
Katanapunk...The Riddle of Midnight... http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/

Salamander

Quote from: lemmiwinksAs I passed over the combat section I failed to notice any manuevers regarding a shield bash or push.  Are there any rules that I missed that regard this issue?

You might find the discussion near the end of Any Swordsmen on this List? SCA? Etc? handy. Conducting a search for it should also prove to bear fruit.[/u]
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".