*
*
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:13:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 88 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update -- Big News  (Read 1079 times)
Jared A. Sorensen
Member

Posts: 1463

Darksided


WWW
« on: September 29, 2001, 12:09:00 AM »

Big News first.

Well, it's big news for me. My girlfriend and I are leaving California in a few months to head back to the Motherland. New England, that is. We leave late October to look at houses/apartments in the Manchester, NH area. Move date is sometime between Turkey Day and December 25th.

On the gaming front:
InSpectres v2.0 is DONE! Er, the "it's ready enough to show people" draft is done. Yes, basically it's complete, pending approval of my crack-team of design monkeys. Right now it's art-less (boo hoo) but other than that, it's 16 pages of narrativist madness. Color me happy.

Other ongoing game news:
Tooth & Claw is on permanent hiatus until a) I feel motivated enough to work on it again b) I get back the edits (which will be rendered moot because of changes I've made) and c) I have time to work on it that isn't eaten up by Obi Wan at work or plans to move at home.

Memento-Mori.com will be leaving Slip.net for good (YAY!) and moving to Cedant.com. So there may be some burps while I get everything ironed out.

New projects:
I've been pondering three (3) new ideas.

Idea #1:
Amazing Monkey Adventures
A storytelling game geared toward little kids. The premise that the characters are monkeys that have escaped from the zoo and they're free to wreak mischief until the zookeeper gets them back. Attributes will be Mischief and Curiousity and the die rolling thingamabob will be an under/over kind of system. Rolling over your attribute prevent you from unleashing the inner-monkey. Rolling under the stat means you cause trouble or get into whatever piqued your interest. The mechanic will also use a pile of peanuts, somehow.

Idea #2:
Secret Agent Man
In the vein of Help!, Austin Powers and the Monkees, this game is all about groovy sixties spy games. Except rather than James Bond-esque spies, you're zany rock n' roll musicians who act as spies...or something. The main gimmick is when you attempt to disguise yourself. To do so, not only do you roll your disguise skill, you also roll on a chart to randomly select your disguise. Which means that your characters could end up trying to infiltrate the criminal mastermind's lair as a vicar, a cow and an English bobby.

Idea #3:
Tentatively named "Strip Joint"
A noir game about cartoons. Specifically, a Roger Rabbit-esque world crossed with LA Confidential-type detective fiction. The system will use percentile dice (!) with major character traits being real/unreal (or a percentage thereof). A real person (100% real) using a cartoon pistol (100% unreal) has a 50% chance of success. To keep it simple, it's going to be set percentiles (0/25/50/75/100%) so that a human cop firing a real gun using cartoon bullets has a 25% chance of affecting a toon and 75% chance of affecting a human. The actual attributes will be Line (professional traits), Shadow (the character's "dark side") and Color (emotional states). Work in progress, of course...

So there you have it. Bored yet? Have a lovely day.
Logged

jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com
ravensron
Member

Posts: 5


« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »

Jared, you've been doing an amazing job with this site.
Keep up the good work!
Ron Pehr
Logged
Matt Machell
Member

Posts: 477


WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2001, 04:40:00 AM »

All sounds cool stuff.

Sixties spies are a favourite of mine (hence Agency 13), so I'll watch that one with interest.

Matt

Logged

Valamir
Member

Posts: 5574


WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2001, 05:22:00 AM »

Ok, I'm officially beginning the "I want Tooth & Claw" chant.

"What do I want?"
"Tooth and Claw!"
"When do I want it?"
"In time for Christmas!"

You're talking to one of the few people on the planet who owns and actually played the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs RPG.
Logged

tldenmark
Member

Posts: 72


WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »

That's just not fair.

Living here in the Bay Area is so nice, why would you want to leave?

And we didn't even take advantage of the opportunity to game much.

Now I really regret missing those Apartment-cons.

Good luck!
Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Oxygen design by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!