News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SA "completed"

Started by Lebo77, July 07, 2003, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lebo77

Maybe I may have missed this, but wht happens when you SATISFY one of your SA?
When your swashbuckling Cut&Thruster, Mr. Montoya actualy tracks down the six-fingered man and runs him through in a climactic battle-scene, satisfying his "SA: Drive-Avenge the death of my father" (which he has raised to a 5 BEFORE this battle, fighting the six-fingered man's five fingered henchmen); WHAT HAPPENS?  

Two major questions:
1. There is no aditional insight to be gained in this SA, so is that bonus just "lost"?

2. Does he get to spend the 5 points he has got and then pick a new SA at 0?
                                                                          - Lebo77

Morfedel

Yes, he just spends it, drops it to 0, and selects a new SA to replace it.

Any time an SA drops to 0, you can change it to something else, and you can spend your points at any time... So, you kill him, you spend the points, and you move on to become the New Dread Pirate Roberts. :)

Ron Edwards

Um, well, technically, you have to spend two SA's to zero in order to change one of them, but that's no big deal. The principle of the answers thus far remains unchanged.

Best,
Ron

Lance D. Allen

To correct slightly, you need to drop two SAs to 0 to change one.

Though in the case of a completed SA, I might allow just that one to be dropped.

Also, it may also be time to consider retiring the character, if the SA was one of the driving concepts behind him.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls