News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

once again, seeking playtesters

Started by Green, July 08, 2003, 01:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

I'm seeking a group of 3 to 5 playtesters for my game, Kathanaksaya.

I prefer a real-time chat environment like IRC, ICQ, Java, or HTML chats.  However, I can be flexible.

As far as the specifics of the game, I'm partial to toying with adult-oriented fairy tales.  The spirit and tone of the games would be more in line with the source material, with a darkly seductive twist.  For inspiration, I look to Grimm, Angela Carter's "The Bloody Chamber and Other Tales," "Snow White, Rose Red" (edited by Datlow and Windling), "Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears" (edited by Datlow and Windling), and Tannith Lee's "White as Snow" (or any of her works).

However, if player interest diverts from that, I'm willing to accomodate.

More information about the game can be found at the website.

Lxndr

I would, honestly, be interested, if other people would.  Heck, it was sort of my suggestion; at least for me, this is more interesting than the toy game.  Dark, somewhat adult, seductive, THIS sounds fun...

I, too, would like an environment that was real-time.  I've got a question, though -

is there any reason you singled out "SWRR" and "RSGT" by Datlow and Windling, and and didn't include the others?  Do you feel that stories in the later series aren't as evocative/invocative of the mood you're wanting to convey, or did you just want to shorten your book list?

I've noticed your posts here don't always get a lot of response :(  I certainly wouldn't mind playing something like this.  rpg.net has a new forum called "Game Registry" or something similar, and advertising there might help increase your potential pool.

I do hope you dedicate an entire session to character generation.  :D
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Green

Quote from: Lxndris there any reason you singled out "SWRR" and "RSGT" by Datlow and Windling, and and didn't include the others?  Do you feel that stories in the later series aren't as evocative/invocative of the mood you're wanting to convey, or did you just want to shorten your book list?

Actually, I hadn't gotten around to reading the bulk of them yet.  That's the only reason.  I own "Snow White, Rose Red" and "Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears," but not the others.