News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

EAK text question

Started by Spooky Fanboy, July 12, 2003, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

Hey, will the text version of EAK have the Hubris rules? As well as more rules for character advancement and long-term play?
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

buddha

Hey Spooky,

Damn, you really are everywhere! Heh!  

I'm going to have to assume that you already know about the whole Key 20 publishing EAK thing, so...  hmmm... okay, I guess there wasn't really much of a point to this post, other than to say hi!

Buddha

P.S.- AH!  Okay, just so the post is about something, Nathan, if you read this, ya want our old characters?  I vaguely remember mentioning Quinn the Bastard somewhere, and I don't think I ever posted him.  Interested?  Also, is the new EAK gonna have new rules?

Nathan

Hey guys...

1) New rules -- Yes, as in:

-- Hubris (just how bad ass is that wizard?)
-- Epic Actions (big time stuff like molding continents and altering time)
-- A couple of optional rule type things

Also, there is going to be more intro type things on Anhelm and lots more examples of locations and plot ideas. There will be a section fleshing out some of the "economy" of Anhelm and info on building and maintaining an abode. There will be rules for developing crazy beasts, like dragons and goblins and so on. There will be a bunch of new campaign theme ideas. There will also be some rules to help make one shot games extreme fun -- metagame type things.

And no, the rules are not going to change overall. There might be a tweak here or there, as after my latest playtest, I am still unsatisfied with initiative and so on. At one point, I was considering an insult based initiative, but I don't know. I like combat in EAK to focus on the insane descriptions and butt kicking fun. In my last game, combat was a bit slow, and the group of four wizards had trouble taking out 6 constructs. I need to tweak a few things to possibly make the characters stronger at the beginning...

As for long term play, I will focus on that a bit more with the campaign ideas. I will also be looking at character advancement. If there are any parts of the game that were a little unclear to read, let me know, so I can rewrite them a bit. It's fun!

Anyway, it is going to rock... I hope we can plan the first ever Eldritch Ass Kicking: Wizard DEATH Jamboree at Gencon to celebrate the release with major ass kicking. The winner will get something cool... like a hand carved staff or something. :)

Thanks,
Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

Jason L Blair

Quote from: NathanAnyway, it is going to rock... I hope we can plan the first ever Eldritch Ass Kicking: Wizard DEATH Jamboree at Gencon to celebrate the release with major ass kicking.

Hmm. Yes, I think we'll definitely have to plan something for GenCon 2004.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer