News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gift/Flaw List

Started by Sir Mathodius Black, July 12, 2003, 04:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Mathodius Black

Hey,
I was skimming through the post with links to previously discussed topics and came accross the one about gifts and flaws.  Somewhere in that thread the idea of having a place for people to submit their own Gifts and Flaws they made up would be made, but i dont see one so i was thinking we could just have a thread here where people can submit any gifts/flaws theyve made.  (btw if there already is a place tell and be sure to give me a good smack for not looking carefully enough)

Thanks,
SMB
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Jake Norwood

Sounds great. Let'er rip.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Ashren Va'Hale

Born Liar: Major Gift: similar to Beauty of legends but grants bonuses to situations in which the character is lying or decieving. The character has a natural accumen for speaking fast and convincingly and selling the lie.
+3 dice

Death Wish: Major Flaw: Similar to bloodlust combined with overconfidence but the character has no regards for his own life in a fight and therefore odds are irrelevant. The character truly doesn't care if he bites it as long as he takes his enemies do wn first.

Spendthrift: Minor or major flaw: Some folks just don't know how to save money. The more they have the more they spend. Basically the chracter never saves up his money but spends it all as he gets it. If you wanted that X10 masterwork cut and thrust this is not the flaw for you unless you have all that money to begin with!

Insane: Pick an insanity and then play it to the hilt! Ex: Schizophrenic who truly believes that he can talk to the gods (think of stephen in brave heart, the crazy irish guy "Its my island!") Can be either minor (a phobia or nervous tick) or major (Obsesive Compulsive who must always be clean and is paranoid of dirty people).

theres a few to get things going.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Mokkurkalfe

Some gifts:

Evasive (for lack of a better word): Works like a reversed Accuracy gift. Instead of modifying where you hit, you can modify where you are hit yourself. This only works if you evade though, not if you parry or block. Just like the Accuracy gift, the Minor evasive let's you modify the d6 roll by one, while the Major let's you modify the roll by three.

Pack Donkey (minor): For some reason, this fellow can easily carry a *lot* and still remain happy and unhindered. Count any encumberance as one level lower.

Face reader(Minor/Major): This guy has a knack for reading people's faces. +1/+3 dice for appropiate rolls, like Body Language, Poker Playing, when detecting lies, etc.

And a Flaw:

Naive(Minor/Major): This guy just want to believe anything people says. He will happily belive in charlatans, gossip, rumours, merchants and just about anything. The more unbelievable, the better. -1/-3 dice when trying to detect lies. This one should also be roleplayed appropriately when the character hears any kind of rumour about treasures and dragons and such.
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson