News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

This game looks really cool....questions

Started by Ocelot, July 14, 2003, 01:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocelot

Hey everybody.  I just found out about this game today and I have read quite a bit about it.  It seems like it would be perfect for my group.  Just what I was looking for.  I was wondering if this game system might be suitable for shows such as; Exo-Squad, Biker Mice From Mars, Samurai Pizza Cats and Voltron.  Thanks for any input.

Eddy Fate

Quote from: OcelotHey everybody.  I just found out about this game today and I have read quite a bit about it.  It seems like it would be perfect for my group.  Just what I was looking for.  I was wondering if this game system might be suitable for shows such as; Exo-Squad, Biker Mice From Mars, Samurai Pizza Cats and Voltron.  Thanks for any input.

Hey Ocelot!  I'll admit that I'm not familiar with Samurai Pizza Cats and Biker Mice From Mars, but I feel it's very suited for Voltron, and can easily be suited for Exo-Squad (due to it's slightly darker tone, you'd have to make some extremely minor changes to the rules, mainly Hurt Points).  I'm currently in the process of using it to run Men in Black and Transformers adventures for GenCon, which illustrates just how flexable the CAH system really is.

If you have any more questions, feel free to fire away!  :-)
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I'm familiar with all of those series except Samurai Pizza Cats.  So, based on the ones I know, here's my answers:

Exo-Squad: Yes.  Like Eddy said, you might want to alter the Hurt Points a tad, but it wouldn't require much tweaking at all.  The Special Ability creation rules would easily handle the stuff from this show.

Biker Mice From Mars: I've always felt that this show came along about 8 years too late.  It was an '80s cartoon in the '90s.  One of my fave '90s cartoons, in fact.  CAH would be very ideal for BMFM.  In fact, my gf (who is a huge fan of the show) wants me to run it soon.

Voltron: This was one of the series we kept in mind when designing the system.  The gestalt robot rules emulate the show perfectly.  You won't be disappointed here.

I hope this helps.  Also, you might want to check out our downloads page and try our free demo material for CAH.  

In any case, thanks for posting here.  :)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com