News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Writer looking for friends!

Started by Emily_Dresner, July 17, 2003, 10:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily_Dresner

Boy, I feel incredibly, scathingly lame.  But here it goes:

After ~2 years of refusing to write anything for anyone and burning out extremely hard on all things that had to do with nouns and verbs, I'm starting to get the itch again in a big way.  I'm largely looking for smaller projects to get ramped up on (no full 50K books).  I'm not looking for money, just an outlet.  Free is fine if it's interesting.  Articles for online zines are fine; just send me your submission requirements and I'll take a look at your offerings.

If left to fend for myself, I will start producing very strange and bizarre things, many of which will involve secret architecture, the freemasons, and pirates.  Perhaps all at the same time.

Er, I've written on 11 books and been published in ladies home journal.  I've been slashdotted!  A full dossier is available on request.  Contact me at zenith@evilkitten.org.
- Em
http://www.evilkitten.org/foolhill -- personal blog
http://www.evilkitten.org/spiritof76 -- writing blog
lj name: multiplexer

Jonathan Walton

Emily Dresner is trolling for projects?  Give me 24 hours and I'll send a few along to see if you're interested.

By the way, welcome back to the Forge, Em.  It was your "Crunchy Bits" articles that brought me over here in the first place.

xiombarg

Well, on the totally selfish end of things, you know you want to come up with a morally-ambiguous conflict-ridden background I can use for the final version of Unsung or some sort of trippy take on "supernaturals in the modern day" for Pretender. (The plan is, if I ever do anything more with Pretender, that I want some "ready made" backgrounds in case people want to skip the world-making steps of the chargen system. And Unsung just cries out for interesting backgrounds, IMHO.)
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

DP

Emily, it sounds like what you'd produce if left to your own devices would be much cooler than anything I could think of. I'd like secret architecture, Freemasonry and pirates rolled together! Think of the alternate history of the Chesapeake Bay, maybe, or something like a Mary Gentle novel only not as tedious.

And Marvel Comics has an open call for submissions...
Dave Panchyk
Mandrake Games

DP

...and I should note this thread is pretty much over. A zombie monkey has stolen Em's heart! Check the link to her blog in her sig.
Dave Panchyk
Mandrake Games