News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Theme: Satiric group therapy game.

Started by permacultureguerilla, July 24, 2003, 04:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

permacultureguerilla

Sorry, this is an indie game concept but it is so damn broad I'd call it a theory. It's too silly for me to take seriously and carefully work on, but I like it.

The idea came from Lumpley's I Kill Puppies For Satan -- http://www.septemberquestion.org/lumpley/puppies.html which I found damn hilarious.

I posted a responce somewhere lost in cyberspace. But my idea spawned from the character naming, which goes "My name is x, and I kill puppies for satan because . . . "

So here's the concept . .

-------------------------------

You're insane, and you have to tell other people why, like a group therapy. The object of character creation is to make up some incredibly elaborate description of your psychosis, involving goofy things.

Example.

"My name is Henry. When I was five I tore down the walls to my parent's garage because they were laughing at me. But then I realized that's because my hat was a funny colour. So I took off the Dodger's baseball cap and got a magenta Chef's touke. No walls will laugh at me now! . . . at least they better not. Or else . . . I'LL EAT THEM ALIVE!!!"

So you end up roleplaying this character, the object could be anything which includes not getting locked away.

You could always involve ridiculous supernatural powers like making tiny ducks that squeak "My lollipop" when there's a full moon . . .

So (1) Funny? (2) original? (3) Can you actually make a half-assed game out of it? I'm still willing to give it a shot (in between my other, more serious concepts).

--Manuel Ulliac.

W. Don

permacultureguerilla

Thanks. I don't know if the concept would be infringing on Matt's game, which I don't want. Irregardless, I can probably call this thread closed until my "theory" is fleshed out.