News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PUNK needs artists

Started by Daniel Solis, July 31, 2003, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Solis

If you've been reading my threads on the other forums, you're already familiar with the basic theme of PUNK. If you'd like some clarification, please PM me.

Guidelines

I want the art to focus on the characters, the punks, interacting with the cool aspects of the an various echelons of weird urban environments. Though the characters may exhibit funky abilities, I'd prefer that they look like relatively normal people doing extraordinary things. I don't want any muscle-bound bodybuilders or scantily-clad beauty queens. (Unless it's appropriate for the setting, like the illusion-saturated psipunk setting.)

For example, superpunk wouldn't have people in spandex or elaborate costumes. Just regular folks in street clothes using their superpowers. I find it more evocative if an accountant-looking guy is firing an energy blast than a caped crusader doing the same thing. It maintains an identifiability with the audience while still keeping the "cool! I wanna play that guy!" mystique.

Other style tidbits: I'd like a style of art that's more like grafitti and markers than oil paintings and gouache. Something stylized and dynamic, like the work of Jim Mahfood of 40oz. comics. The book is going to be black and white, so I'd like lots of starkly contrasted inkwork, not much shading or chiaroscuro.

I do pay. However, I've been burned several times on prior projects so I request some preliminary sketches before sending out a check. We can discuss details over PM.
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.