News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Mook rules - they were there, the whole time

Started by Ron Edwards, August 10, 2003, 04:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

A thread from earlier this year called But is it REALLY conflict resolution? has been bugging me, and I didn't even know it ...

... until last night, when I cracked open the book and was browsing in it, to find this, on page 112:

Second rate foes. Certain combatants should be designated "one-hit" opponents, in that if a character hits successfully, the target is put out of the fight. Whether they are stunned or maimed depends on the type of attack, but they certainly can be ignored for the rest of the combat. This is strongly recommended for large group combats with nameless minions.

Damn! I wrote that? And forgot all about it? No wonder something bugged me after Tor's inquiry; I'd struggled to answer it and all the while this was sitting in the text.

Anyway. Belated, but finally here. And yet another data point for the text in the book practicing a demon-like ability to answer whatever question you put to it, in an eerily independent-of-its-author kind of way.

Best,
Ron

Clay

Come on Ron, we know you didn't write the book: the book wrote you.  Of course it has secrets you have not yet plumbed.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management