News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Book & PDF

Started by Brian Leybourne, August 13, 2003, 05:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Hey Paul,

When you get the second printing off the ground, are you planning to offer a "if you bought the PDF, you get that cost off the book" kind of deal? 'Cos that way I could get it now but not feel like I was wasting my money since I'm going to buy it when the book is available.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

iago

The costs aren't that different ... would that make financial sense?

Paul Czege

Hey Brian,

At this stage for me, Half Meme Press is a pdf publishing company. Print copies are something I'll do for conventions, and in small quantities as fun projects. But there isn't really any linkage between the pdf as a product and any particular print version I might do. I really like what Vincent Baker has done with various printings of Kill Puppies for Satan with different covers, and at different sizes. It's a very indie way to do things. The books aren't products. They're objects.

And I'll have some objects for sale soon ;)

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Brian Leybourne

*shrugs* I'll wait then.

Really, I just thought it would be a way for you to get some money from people now, while being able to print the book later. Oh well.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion