News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I want to order Of Beast and Man but .. :(

Started by Tywin Lannister, August 16, 2003, 01:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tywin Lannister

That PayPal stuff just keeps me moving in circles. Constant emails "change password here" change password there, receive 1.95 dollars on your first payment, blablabla.

I just want that new book, but it seems impossible. When exactly (september?) can I order it from a normal website? Does anyone know?
The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.

Mike Holmes

What do you consider a "normal" website? Most use Paypal, or something like it.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

MonkeyWrench

I've never used PayPal until I ordered OBAM, and then I had to use a friends account. Ideally I'd like to see them up on amazon.com or something.
-Jim

Brian Leybourne

Tywin,

Are you saying that you're having problems using the PayPal button on the TROS webpage, or signing up at PayPal's webpage?

If it's a problem at the TROS webpage, it can likely be fixed. If it's a problem at PayPal then I don't have an answer for you, sorry - PayPal is notorously difficulty to get a human response from.

However, if the problem is that you're going to the TROS page, clicking on the paypal button, and then trying to sign on for a PayPal account, can I suggest that an easier way to do it would be to first go to PayPal's homepage, create a new account there, and once the account is up and running (which will take a few days because you have to wait for the PayPal entry to appear on your credit card bill, THEN come back to the TROS webpage and click on the PayPal icon, and since you already have an account it should go smoothly. I have found that trying to soign on to paypal from anywhere buy PayPal's own webpage is an exercise in frustration.

Because, after all, the book is worth it :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

6inTruder

I have to agree... I'm currently waiting for paypal to write me to let me know the card I'd used was invalaid (as I had the card canceled a while back). But I've got NO clue how to be proactive with it.

I want the dang book (OBaM) but PayPal is bloody annoying.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: 6inTruderI have to agree... I'm currently waiting for paypal to write me to let me know the card I'd used was invalaid (as I had the card canceled a while back). But I've got NO clue how to be proactive with it.

I don't think you can be. The only way to move forward with any speed will be to just add another card to your paypal account and use that instead. Eventually, the old one will fall off when they sort themselves out.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

6inTruder

QuoteI don't think you can be. The only way to move forward with any speed will be to just add another card to your paypal account and use that instead. Eventually, the old one will fall off when they sort themselves out.
I've got my account all sorted now. But "now" is a bit too late for my OBaM order. Should I just re-order it? I don't want to screw anyone around.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: 6inTruderI've got my account all sorted now. But "now" is a bit too late for my OBaM order. Should I just re-order it? I don't want to screw anyone around.

If your old order was with a cancelled credit card, it wont have ever reached Driftwood (it doesn't reach the seller at all unless it's approved, I understand), so if you don't order it again, you probably 'aint going to see it :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

6inTruder

QuoteIf your old order was with a cancelled credit card, it wont have ever reached Driftwood (it doesn't reach the seller at all unless it's approved, I understand), so if you don't order it again, you probably 'aint going to see it :-)
Thanks! That is what I was worried about (not that I wouldn't love two copies, but I don't have the dole, and I didn't want one sent to me and then Driftwood/Jake not get money). I will re-order now!

kenjib

Kenji

Jake Norwood

DOn't mail a check! I'm moving, I'll never get it!

OBAM is going into normal distribution at your flgs this month!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

6inTruder

QuoteDOn't mail a check! I'm moving, I'll never get it!
No checks mailed here. I did e-mail Driftwood about my issue though, JIC.

kenjib

Kenji

Salamander

Cheques would have been okay up until about two - three weeks ago. I will say this, Jake sure does know how to get right on things! I sent in my Money Order and got results right smartly!
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".