News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

About my book

Started by Nero's Boot, August 19, 2003, 11:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethan_greer

I propose that, in the absence of moderation (Jake's in Europe with limited access to internet, and Brian's in Australia and likely asleep) that this thread be closed.  It is serving no purpose and making people angry.  Just stop posting to it, please?  Just a suggestion.

That is all.

Nero's Boot

Why the fuck should I have to be civil to assholes who run slipshod businesses?

--just wondering NB
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Torg 1.0; Changeling: The Dreaming Time of Judgment; and Sorcerer.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: D&D v3.5.
CURRENTLY READING: Underground core rulebook; My Life with Master; and Stormbringer 5e corebook.

Lxndr

I don't know.  Why not talk to the "slipshod business" you're really angry with - the United States Postal Service?
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Draigh

Nero's Boot wrote:
QuoteWhy the fuck should I have to be civil to assholes who run slipshod businesses?

Well, NB, I'd say that you should be civil to people because it's common courtesy.  From what I've seen, the people you're calling assholes have been far more courteous and civil to you than I would have been.  Perhaps you should take that into consideration, as all of us here are taking into consideration that you are, or at one time were, excited about TRoS, and were waiting with baited breath for it's arrival.  Impatience is not to be unexpected, TRoS is a great game and worth the wait.  Recently though, it seems that you have gone from being excited or enthusiastic to being caustic because of some presumed slight.

Perhaps a little perspective is needed here.

We all understand that you have recently suffered a loss that most of us can't comprehend, and that that loss weighs heavy on you.

What you must understand is that you're acting like a prick, like a typical American Consumer.  Step into the real world... Just because you want something doesn't mean that it will magically appear on your doorstep.  Pitching a fit doesn't make things happen any faster, nor does showing your ass.  Perhaps you should do some of the things that have already been suggested here, call the distributor, wait another week, and have a little understanding for those people who have shown understanding for you.  

If you can't do anything in these forums other than be an asshole, then please stop posting in them, or  go back to playing Final Fantasy X, you'd probably enjoy it more than you would TRoS, based on what I've seen of your childish mentality.
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

toli

The previous suggestion that this thread close was a good one.
NT

mrgrimm

I'm gonna say the things I think the others want to say.

You know, I thought this was a pretty cool board. No one here had arguments or were mean and vindictive or had any attitudes. All disputes were handled with intellect and maturity and 9 times out of 10 people ended as friends. That is, until NB showed up. From the beginning you've had nothing but attitude. Everyone here has been more than friendly to you and you keep becomming increasingly more of an arse. Now I know the people on this board haven't changed. They still help people willingly and in a quite friendly manner. The only thing that has changed is the arrival of Nero's Boot. He has injected spite and venom into these boards. It is he that is ruining the atmosphere and attitude of this board and not the rest of the users.

That being said I concur with Valamir, though I have sympathy towards you, due to your loss, it does not condone your attitude towards the very people who are trying to assist you. It's like being knocked down by a rude pedestrian and then yelling at the people who witnessed it and are trying to help you up. If it were me I would have then let go of you and let you fall once more and then went on my way.

I also concur with ethan_greer that this thread should be locked because his tude is ruining my buzz.
A The Riddle of Steel Computer with  a Haven : City of Violence graphics card and a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay soundcard. Lejendary Adventures of Ram and a Cyberpunk 2.02.0 Hard Drive

Brian Leybourne

Guys, everyone take a chill pill and just relax.

NB, I will check with the Tundra Sales Organisation and find out the exact date your book was shipped. I will let you know via PM what the date of shipping was and when you should expect delivery. There is certainly nothing we can do about post office delays due to power outages or whatever else. As Ralph poionted out, free shipping is often slow.

There is no excuse for rudeness, here or anywhere else in life. I'm going to overlook it because of your recent loss, but it stops now. Neither Driftwood nor Tundra are responsible for slow mail; I am confident that the book was shipped the Monday after you ordered it, and after that it's US Post's problem, not ours. I am very sorry you feel let down, but there's nothing we can do about it. Go complain to your postie if it'll make you feel better.

As of this minute, this thread is closed. No more replies. NB, ther next time you want to vent, do it to me via PM or email. I wont have it on the forum.

Brian (who is NOT from Australia...)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion