News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Combat pools

Started by Dan Sellars, August 28, 2003, 02:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Dan Sellars
In regards to the change of Sa's to fit the story I was kind of seeing it as the way a character in a story progresses.  They start out with on agender and then along the way another set of priorities interceed and pull them in more (take Bilbo in the hobbit for example).
The problem is that you all have started out with some concepts that mean nothing in the current context. It's like you're intending to write a story about one thing, and then an editor comes in and says it's going to be about something else completly. So it's no longer the player's story, it's the scenario's.

Take that "Learn the Riddle" Destiny. That has to change pronto or it'll nevel likely get used. Unless you have the sort of GM who reads character survival as pertinent to this sort of Destiny, and basically always gives the dice.

So, if you want to survive the scenario, I'd play along, and play along hard. Yes, change every unrelated SA to something that makes sense to the story as it's presented to you. That's what makes sense for that style of play, IMO. The other option is to try to stick to your guns, and either get killed fighting for something the character doesn't believe in, or wandering off the scenario.

QuoteI like the way that characters are driving the story in TROS and with other players I am going to try an run it like that.  It's just that I would like to find away that it could work well with TEW as we would like to play trough it.
Like I said, it'll work just fine. You just have to "play along" with the scenario. It won't be what you want for the character that matters, but what the scenario wants the characters to be interested in. Good Sim play dictates that you do your best to play along.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Dan Sellars

QuoteTake that "Learn the Riddle" Destiny. That has to change pronto or it'll nevel likely get used.

yep I think your right here.  When we get back together gaming I'm going to talk this over with all the players.

It's going to be a couple of weeks as I'm off on holiday today for a week or so.  I may bring this up again when I get back if you don't mind.  

Thanks, your posts have given me alot to think about.

Dan.