News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Using Universalis to Create the Game's Setting

Started by Judd, September 15, 2003, 07:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

The Riddle of Steel game never got to be played because the brothers I was running the game for had a meltdown before the game got going.

However, we used Universalis to create a setting and it was splendid.  Before the game even started we had this rich, layered, detailed setting.  I wrote down the rounds and will post them once I clean out my car and find the notes.

Universalis is a neat, neat game/gaming tool/imagination prod.

Michael S. Miller

I have to agree. The tenet phase is addictive. the very first time I ran the game, we all spent 18 of our starting 25 coins on detailing the setting. I guess we should really use it for something ...
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Mike Holmes

I look forward to seeing the results, Judd.

What I'm really interested in seeing is what you did with magic, if anything. Given the TROS magic system, I wonder if how tenets about magic might alter it. Or how any of the TROS systems might be altered by the tenets for that matter.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Judd

We did make some stuff up about magic.  

The bummer of it was, I didn't hve the Universalis book on me, so we were just using a crude coin system that was Universalis-flavored but didn't have its flare or charm.

Still, the concept was well-received and I look forward to reading the book over (once I figure out which box it got stuck in when I moved a month ago).