News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Projects

Started by Mike Holmes, September 16, 2003, 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Other than Thugs and Thieves, do you have any other projects going?

What ever happened to Pollies? :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

ethan_greer

Hi Mike!

Pollies is online as a free product here. I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything with Pollies in the future, but it'll always be online as a free version. Who knows, I may incorporate some of it into some other design...

As for other projects, well, I'm trying not to stray from the path of producing my current game. I don't want to put Thugs and Thieves at risk by multi-tasking it to death. However, barring changes as a result of playtesting, the text itself is about done. Once it is done, I have a couple of options for what I'm going to be working on next.

One of the options is fleshing out Blood Songs of the Volcanic Sphere, which can be found on page 6 of Iron Game Chef - Simulationist. Currently, this is probably my first choice for getting "the treatment."

Another option is a new for-sale, hardcopy version of Toast. And I'm not talking about the ill-fated and ill-received Toast 6 I posted a while back. This'll be a more serious game, sort of a "Joe Guy" fantasy RPG. I got the idea from Ron in the first Thugs and Thieves thread. It'll use the basics of Toast 5, may get renamed, and I intend to write some new rules to further focus the "Joe Guy" idea. As such, the free version of Toast will probably stay online indefinitely for those who wish to see an example of WAY TOO MANY SKILLS. :)

And, of course, in the non-SP department, there's the novel I've been working on since 1994. It has been hovering at 75000 words since April. I'm probably going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year in an effort to get the thing knocked out. The outline is all ready to go; just gotta tuck in and do it.

So, yeah, I've got a number of projects in the queue. Then again, don't we all?  :)

What sorts of projects do you want to see from SimplePhrase Press? Anybody who wants to chime in and say, "you should do this," or "you should do that," I'll do my best to fan the flames of argument in the hopes of getting a good brawl going.