News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Are there Forum Problems or is it me?

Started by Djt'Heutii, October 26, 2001, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djt'Heutii

Hi. I recently registered, I hope this is where this Goes :smile:

I'm having a problem accessing the forums.  I'll read one or two discussions and then I can't access them anymore.  I get a page with the phrase: 'Unable to query db!'

I have to close out my browser and start a new one to get access again.

Help!

Is it a cookie issue?  I've set Netscape to accept all cookies.

This has happened under N 4.75 and N 6.1

I have yet to try IE, but I have to wait untill later to do this.

Thanks alot,

Scott E. Bowen

Ian O'Rourke

I brought this issue up some months ago - it appears to be a hard error to trace. I use IE 5.x and 6 (at work) and it does it on that.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

333Chronzon

On 2001-11-01 12:18, Ian O'Rourke wrote:
I brought this issue up some months ago - it appears to be a hard error to trace. I use IE 5.x and 6 (at work) and it does it on that.

I re-registered as 333Chronzon and things are working fine.

I was thinking that it *may* have something to do with the apostrophy in "Djt'Heutii."  That you say *you've* had the same problem makes me think, although it does not prove, that this may be accurate.

Hmmmm...

I don't know anything about the code used to generate these forum's so I can't say for sure.

Laurel

On a different forum I belong to, the program running it would interpret the "'" in handle names as coding, and only letters and numbers could be used in handles.  It might be something similar.  My hunch is if you stick to letters/numbers, you guys will be fine in any format.  

kwill

just a hunch, but if the apostrophe is to blame then registering as Keith O''Keith instead of Keith O'Keith may solve the problem
d@vid

Ian O'Rourke

Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.