News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Donjon] Adventures in the Ice Cave, part 2.

Started by anonymouse, October 10, 2003, 11:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymouse

Previous: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=8141

* Wildman/AgentFresh was out this session; prior commitments.
* This all took about three hours. Donjon takes forever online. Thankfully I've got a dice bot setup to roll d20 by default, and auto-arrange results, or even more time would've been lost.

Intrepid adventurers ran like sissy girls from the ice wyrm and the as-yet-unseen behemoth, into the mouth of the nearby Ice Cave. Inside, they discovered a corpse. After some cruel teasing by the Donjon Mastah, Grignr the sorcerer discovered Tindel the pixie sleeping within the frozen clothes.

Shortly thereafter, Grig decided to Read Omens in the crystalline walls and discovered that an ally - demanding payment for its assistance - would soon find them. And it did! A little six-legged beastie, reddish in color, drilled through the top of the cave ceiling, demanding "tribute!!" Tindel sang a song extolling the virtues of the creature, and it was apparently satisfied.

Beastie led the party downwards through the tunnel, telling them to follow it carefully and not step on any red X's; none were seen, and the creature drilled another hole when they reached an intersection of tunnels.

Grig decided to Detect Magic, and found a vinyl harem doll discarded in the corner, generating a very old, very powerful magic.. of making the holder feel like a pretty awesome girl who looked good and could take on the world. (and gosh darn it, people like me). Tindel, looking for Shiny Things, found a Treasure Cache (level 4) underneath an ice tile beneath the doll.

Snarl got: an Invisibility Cloak (2 dice)
Gorblat the Beholder got: an amulet of telekinesis assistance.
Tindel got: a coin on a string, which sufficed for a breastlate for him.
Grig got nothing! Nadda! BWAHAHAHA.

Gorby noticed something down the left tunnel: glowing bacteria, and a red X emblazoned on the ceiling of that tunnel right inside its entrance. Grig Detected Magic on the right-hand side of the intersection, where there were already two more tunnels, and found a crawlspace hidden my illusion magic.

The beholder noticed something else: glowing blue eyes within! Tindel turned invisible and ducked in, and also noticed a scroll in there, along with the snake guarding it. Combat ensued, and Snarl took down the snake, which dissolved into yellow ooze. Grig searched the ooze and got nothing.

Snarl decided to figure out what was on the scroll: it looked like some kind of spell that increased Adroitness, and that the scroll looked very tough and very old. There was also some other writing on the scroll, but he didn't know what it was. Thankfully, the scroll was a relic of bygone ages, and Grig was an expert at Evaluating Relics..

So he did. Behold! It was the spell Eastern Gymnast, which would increase the target's Adroitness by 3 or 5 or some other obscene number, permanently! And wouldn't you know it, he stated that "it affected him as he read it."

Well, since I wasn't about to let these punks get easy Adroitness like that, I decided the "it" was too nebulous and decreed "it" to be the scroll. The scroll affected him, not necessarily that particular spell. Well, the scroll rolled 10 dice against his Save vs Transmutation + Wherewithal, and got 3 successes. Grignus is now trapped in - and also is - the scroll, and needs two successes - somehow, in some test - to get out.

But, he did get his Adroitness bonus!
You see:
Michael V. Goins, wielding some vaguely annoyed skills.
>