News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

1 Year Old!

Started by Luke, October 31, 2003, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

So today, Halloween, is Burning Wheel's first birthday.

After a year of hustling we've moved hundreds of copies of the game,

been to eight conventions: Ucon, Ubercon 1, Gazebo of Games, Recess 1, Icon, GenCon, DragonCon and Ubercon 2. Recess 2 is this weekend and will be our first birthday party!

released a demo adventure

two new magic systems

three new races

plus various minor rules revisions and alternate versions: artha, hate, wound tolerances, and a new script sheet.

we also had both our main news site go down (twice) and at one point lost our entire forums and posts database to hackers!

So, how are we doing?

In celebration of the first anniversary, here's the long awaited double-sided/single-page character sheet. It has room for more skills, practice and learning, plus contacts and stuff, it uses the revised artha rules and has space to note epiphanies, and it also uses a snazzy new grayscale graphic and alternate wound tolerances.

enjoy,
-L

Matt Wilson

"Psst. Hey kid, want to buy BW? I'll let you sit in on a demo where you can watch Matt's guy get pulped by Droz's orc."

and the result...

"This game is AWESOME!"

Congrats on all the success, man. UGX is putting BW in the rotation in a couple weeks (courtesy of Wilhelm), and I might just be in on the action, at least until that character gets pulped.

Luke

Quote from: Matt WilsonCongrats on all the success, man. UGX is putting BW in the rotation in a couple weeks (courtesy of Wilhelm), and I might just be in on the action, at least until that character gets pulped.

:(

Come on! It's not Rolemaster.

Play smart and be defensive, you'll make it through just fine.

If I am not mistaken, your mace-wielding knight had scripted STRIKE/STRIKE/STRIKE/STRIKE, going toe-to-toe with that Named Orc--not the wisest course for such a tough opponent. Perhaps next time a few Counterstrikes, Pushes or even an AVOID/STRIKE volley will do the trick.
:)

thanks for your kind words, Matt. I do hope you get to play!
-L

rafial

Quote from: Matt WilsonCongrats on all the success, man. UGX is putting BW in the rotation in a couple weeks (courtesy of Wilhelm), and I might just be in on the action, at least until that character gets pulped.

Fear not, unlike Droz I have no idea what I'm doing in the script either -- although I guarantee I'll do better than I did with that poor wolf in von Goten's predicament.

Also, unlike Luke, I am a weeny GM, and am considering using a kinder gentler system for wound penalties...

Luke

QuoteAlso, unlike Luke, I am a weeny GM, and am considering using a kinder gentler system for wound penalties...

What kind of a game are you planning on running?

drozdal

QuoteI'll let you sit in on a demo where you can watch Matt's guy get pulped by Droz's orc

Hey Matt

Even Dro has to get some fun after 10 melle demos in wchich he got: stabbed, chopped, bitten, crushed, beheaded - you name it :) (after that Abzu usually gives me a break and hands me that practicular ork ;])

Dro