News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Game directory sites?

Started by Knarf, December 23, 2003, 05:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knarf

I'm a game designer who has posted to these forums and other like it looking for comments on my design. More importantly, I'm looking for playtesters and setting designers for my systems (I'm a great systems guy, but I suck at setting and such).

My problem is: Whenever you're posting on these boards, there's always the chance that your thread will slip off onto the next page and hardly anyone goes looking for it. I also think it's rude to "bump" a thread if I have nothing important to add.

This brings me to my question. Are there any sites that I can post a link to my game site and people can find me whenever they like? I could just list myself on Yahoo or something, but I was hoping for something more gamer specific.

Also, if anyone is interested in checking out my game system, it's at www.eccentrix.com/members/knarf/

ethan_greer

The first place that comes to mind is the Forge's own Resource Library.  If you post it there, I'm sure you'll get some hits from it.

Good luck!

Jeph

Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

lumpley

You'll have better luck here if you say something about your goals and design and then stick around for a conversation.

What's up, for instance, with rolling one die odds-evens to determine whether the other die adds or subtracts?  You get a flat curve (or whatever a flat curve is called) centered on your skill number but with a hole at your skill number.  It's curious.  Say something about why you chose it instead of some other die thing?

-Vincent

Matt Machell

I'll echo Lumpley by saying, stick around, more discussion=more interest in your games.

That said, I have a directory of sites attached to Realms, and I'm happy to add anything people send me.

-Matt

Mark Johnson

Knarf,

Long time, no talk.  You will probably get a lot more help here if you stick around, comment and contribute to other designer's projects and if you have a specific problem with your design that you need help with.  I have seen you around on RPGnet, be aware that the Forge is very different.

The Indie Design forum is intended to help designers optimize their designs according to their specifications (which makes it Indie).  In other words, if you are totally happy with your design and it does what you want it to do, there is really nothing to talk about.  If you know that your design is lacking in a particular area, well... we will see you in Indie Design.

Talk Soon,
Mark

Knarf

First off, thank you for your feedback.

I'm actually fairly confident about my design. My issue is: No matter how many editorial passes I give it, it still has not seen Actual Play and I feel that that is my stumbling block. That is where half a dozen problems I can't find just by looking will turn up and my perfect ideas will turn into an unplayable mess. So I want it in a fairly accessible place where people can find it and put it through it's paces, even if I haven't touched it in a month.