News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OberCon 2004 (Feb 27-29: Oberlin, Ohio)

Started by Jonathan Walton, January 26, 2004, 08:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Walton

Hey Forge-heads,

The local gaming club here, along with great support from the college, is sponsoring our second annual OberCon, here in Oberlin, OH (about 20 minutes from Cleveland).

Some things of note:

1) It's FREE.  Yeah, part of our deal with the college.

2) We have two cool guests: R. K. Mulholland of the webcomic "Something Positive" and "Blackhat" Matt McFarland from White Wolf.

3) I'm gonna be there running indie stuff.  Right now looks to be My Life with Master and Continuum, with some Ma Jiang in the morning (complete with tea and fresh local donuts).  Might playtest some of my own stuff too, or maybe run some Nobilis or Torchbearer if I can find time.

4) We're still accepting event submissions if people want to come demo their games.  You have to get them in by Jan 31st, though, if you want to be in the pamphlet that tells people what's happening.  You can still submit to run stuff after that, but I can't promise you'll make the booklet (I'm the one putting it together).  If you want to sell your games too, I think there might be a small seller's fee, but I'm not sure about that.  I'll try to get details in case anyone's interested.

Anyway, email me (there's a link on the bar below) if you want more info about submitting events or the Con itself.  We do have a small webpage up, which I'll link below, but it's not great (mostly because I'm not our webmaster :)

http://www.oberlin.edu/stuorg/OGRE/obercon/index.html

I'm going to personally hound Jason Blair to see if I can get him to come down to Cleveland, so maybe we'll even have Key20 there as well.

Thanks for listening.