News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Legendary Quest Core Mechanic

Started by John Kirk, January 31, 2004, 02:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Kirk

I'm working on modifying the core mechanic for Legendary Quest to streamline play a bit for 8th edition LQ.  Mike Holmes has made some excellent suggestions on the LQ design forum.  Here is a link to the discussion.

To summarize: Legendary Quest uses a d30 for its core die roll.  Mike Suggested trying to find a d30 die with a number range of -14 to +14 and an extra "star" side to be used for doubling purposes or other dramatic effects.  I discovered that Armory dice used to manufacture a d30 along these lines.  Here is a link to an illustration of some of them.  Their dice have a +0 and a -0 instead of a 0 and a "star", but it's close enough.

I think Mike Holmes' suggestions are excellent, but the problem is that I can't find anyone that sells these.  Does anyone know if these are even being made anymore?  If so, where can I get ahold of them?

Also, if any of you would like to make suggestions on how the new Core Mechanic for Legendary Quest should work, I would be most interested.  I would also welcome any other suggestions you might have on the game overall either here or at the LQ Discussion Forums.

Thanks.
John Kirk

Check out Legendary Quest.  It's free!