News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Art Styles

Started by Peter Hollinghurst, February 17, 2004, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Hollinghurst

hmm-I seem to be finding interest in some rather old and possibly 'dead' threads. Oh well. This is of particular interest to me since Im an artist as well as doing some game design.
The system Im working on asks players to make pictures not only for their characters, but for key items of 'equipment', places, even adventure 'seeds' that help describe the key elements in a story the weave together using tarot cards. The main point I want to put here is that rather than asking players to draw the images, I suggest collage. Two reasons-one its so easy its not going to intimidate as many people as asking them to draw, and two, it helps create a very eclectic and dynamic image that draws on their subconcious choices-they tend to use pictures that 'mean' something to them or catch their eye in a particular way.
They do get rewarded for it as well in the system.

Ron Edwards

Hello Peter,

Well, I'll start by saying that no thread is technically "dead" at the Forge in terms of its content. However, there are strict guidelines about posting to those threads; please see the stickies regarding Forge posting policies in the Site Discussion forum.

Everyone, Peter's post was split from Art Styles.

Best,
Ron