News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2004] $100, $200, and exhibitor badges

Started by Keith Senkowski, February 18, 2004, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Maybe I'm just slow, but I am trying to clarify this booth/badge deal.  I want to buy in to the booth and sell my game, but I'm not sure on how I go about getting my badge and when and where I send my check for the booth.  

Do I pay for the booth and then, when I get to Indy, contact Ron to get me the badge, or do I go and get it myself with some sort of information to give to the badge people?  I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but I just can't get my brain around the logistics.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Ron Edwards

Hi Keith!

It so happens that I was a moron when I started that other thread and forgot to put "Hotel accomodations" in the title. So I split this post off for a new thread with a sensible title and topic.

Here's how it works (very much like last year):

1. To participate at the Forge booth as a demo person and more-or-less "staff person," you buy an Adept Press exhibitor badge from me. There's no profit involved; I just turn around and buy it from GenCon. You can do this by Paypal.

I haven't opened the floor to doing so yet; past experience has taught me that too-early means a whole lotta take-it-backs which are a real hassle.

If you do this, then you will work the booth at least half a day every day, and you'll be playing games left right & center. We'll discuss meeting & greeting tactics later.

2. If you also want to sell a game at the booth, you pay $100 more. This gets split among the four booth sponsors (me, Driftwood, Burning Wheel, Ramshead) to help vs. booth costs. The money guarantees you space on the shelf at the booth and also access to the demo tables for your game.

Most people pay this amount at the same time they pay me for the badge.

3. If you really want to go all-out with your game, then you pay $200 instead, which of course gets split as above. For this, you also get a booth-person who will demo your game when you're not there or don't have time, poster space on the back curtain of the booth, and some storage privileges under the tables. Maybe something else or two if we can think of anything.

Again, this is paid up just by Paypalling me when the time comes (say, a couple of months from now).

One thing that will not be different between the $100 and $200 people include (a) access to demo space and (b) shelf space or positioning. For these, everyone's equal.

GenCon basically has no idea who you are, except through the list I give them (policies about that vary year to year). So we'll have a system set up for you to get your Exhibitor badge out in the hall, with any luck at the official booth (they know me pretty well now at GenCon Admin and I think it'll work out OK). You don't register; you just walk right in with your badge and join us. We'll have some cell phone contact info goin' around too.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. It'd be great to see you there.

Best,
Ron

Keith Senkowski

Thank you.  That just clarrified everything for me.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel