News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

4 magic swords for TROS

Started by Ace, March 20, 2004, 06:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Here is a TROS write up for 4 swords from my Fantasy World of Midrea

These weapons are "alive" after a fashion as are most magic items IMC. Item Spirit attributes add to any roll appropraite for the atrribute they have and can subtract in some cases (FREX a dice roll to resist bloodlust while wielding Vas Ayelo)

Here are the 4 blades

High in the mountainous areas  of the 20 Kingdoms live the Shone a reclusive peeopled famed as some of the best swordsmiths on Midrea

Even an ordinary Shone blade made for trace with the outside world is exceptional granting a -1 ATN and DTN bonus

All of Shone philophy is based on their need for symentry and balance in the elements and these four longswords are no different

each is an true phenominal piece of craft work granting a bonus of -2 to ATN and DTN  

#1 Tal Ayelo

The Northwind Blade--

This is the sword of Treachery (as evinced in the Shone saying "Never trust the northern wind) and ice.  This blade does an additonal cold injury of 1 level less than the weapon makes. Wounds made by the eweapon are slow to heal (+2 to TN for healing) and ache all the time

The wepon itself lives to betray either its wielder or anyone else. It possess the item-spirit atrribute of "Treachery" at 5 and will add its ISA  to any activity related to that attribute

#2 Fas Ayelo

The Southwind Blade--

This is the sword of Honor and counterpart to the northwind blade. The blade is always hot to the touch and while this heat will never burn the user it can severly injure the wielders enemies. It does an additonal burn wound of 1 level than the hit. The weapons heat also reduces bleeding saves made by its injuries (but not the heat) by 2 do to a cauterizing effect from the blades heat

The weapon possess the item-spirit atrribute of "Honor" at 5 and can add its ISA to any activity promoting honor for good or ill

#3 Vas Ayelo

The Westwind blade also the Deathdealer

In the Shone faith the West is where the Sun goes each day to die and be reborn-- Following the Sun on the night of the third day are the spirits of the dead who go to await reincarnation in the house of the Sun

The Westwind Blade is the consumate killing tool. Its wounds are grevious and almost always fatal. Raise any wound made by this sword 2 levels. Even a negative number can become a wound!

This sword is has an item spirit attribute "Death" at 5 and adds its ISA to anything involving Death

#4 Hahl Ayelo

The Eastwind Sword. Sword of Rebirth and Healing

This unusual blade is the most desired of all of the 4 sword as it gives the user the ability to save lives. While it posses no outward powers of its own it does add its ISA (Item Spirit Attribute) of "Life" at 5 to any roll attempting to save a life or lives

This includes healing rolls (in is presence GM discretion) defence rolls and any activity furthering the cause of saving lives

So what do you all think?

ZenDog

QuoteSo what do you all think?

Very good, I particularly like Tal Ayelo, that would ahave some very cool roleplay potential (as they all do).

I like the logical way that the ice blade causes wounds to ache down the line and the heat blade cauterizes.

I also like how they are well balanced, powerful but not too powerful.

Good stuf given me some ideas for my game.

Cheers.

[MKF]Kapten

Nice swords!

I add a couple of mine:

Demonslayer
These also exists as undead slayers using the same mechanic. These weapons are forged and tempered in such a way that they can hurt demons (IMC demons are all but immune to normal damage) as if they were mortal creatures. The undead slayers give the undead pain, shock and bleeding as if they were mortal.

Black weapons
(This name sounds a bit better in Swedish)
These weapons are forged from isolated chaos. Normally chaos cant exist in the normal world, but certain rituals can form it. The formed chaos is invulnerable so the black weapons are indestructible. This also means that they can be formed with extremely sharp edges. This gives them +1 damage vs armor.
The most dreaded ability of the black weapons though is the effect they have when they come into contact with blood; there they produce an extremely lethal venom. Each day someone hurt by a black weapon must roll HT vs TN 12 or lose 1 point from HT, ST, MA and Wits. There is no known non magical cure for this.
The path of the warrior is covered in blood. Most of it will be yours so you better have alot of it.

While other clans play, MKF kills!

Brian Leybourne

Ace!

Hells bells man, where you been? It's been a while since we saw ya...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Tash

Intelligent weapons are so cool...

A while back I was playing a D&D campaign where one character had a sentient sword (actually it was stolen directly from one of the R.A. Salvatore books, Cattie Brie's "Cutter").  For an interesting twist the DM had one of the members of the party roleplay the sword.  Watching a character continuously getting in arguments with his weapon, which is played by another guy at the table was priceless!
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"

Ace

Quote from: Brian LeybourneAce!

Hells bells man, where you been? It's been a while since we saw ya...

Brian.

Oh just kind of out of the TROS loop

These swords and the other items I am going to post from my various RPG campaigns   just screamed TROS to me so I had to post em