News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Okay, kid...lemme hear your pitch.

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, December 20, 2001, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahoux

But what I really want to do is direct.

I like the idea.  A couple of weeks ago I was kicking around an idea to create a movie pitch game, but it never went farther than "hmmm. This could be kinda fun if I could put it together– oooh, something shiny.  La La la.

Seriously, the game looks great.  The token pool is a good idea for this style of game.  I have a couple of friendswho might enjoy this.
Taking the & out of AD&D

http://home.earthlink.net/~knahoux/KOTR_2.html">Knights of the Road, Knights of the Rail has hit the rails!

sdemory

"It's like "Romeo and Juliet," only more vendetta and no love story... and it's got a heart."
"Can we get Liv for it?"
"Liv's all over it. Liv's born for the lead... lead used to be more of a Kevin Spacey, Kevin Kline-y type, but..."

I see potential. This is what my film-geek friends do when they're bored and can't afford a rental. Very clever... in a good way.
   So... Insecterotic?

[ This Message was edited by: sdemory on 2001-12-20 17:23 ]

sdemory

Just a note... sent the game to one of my non-gaming, movie freak friends last night. He did a 3 a.m. playtest with other movie freaks on vacation; you've got a winner, apparently.
Movie ended up being an Affleck-Damon snuff film (with a heart) set in pre-revolutionary France. So it goes.

Ferry Bazelmans

Jared, just wondering...

Have you ever played Slasher: The Final Cut by Precedence Publishing?

In that cardgame the object is to produce a slasher movie by proposing a scene and then seeing what twists other players put into it before it is released into the script.

It's wonderfully hectic and messy and I heartily recommend it for anyone into weird cardgames.

Crayne

The BlackLight Bar, home of Soap: the game of soap opera mayhem.
Now available as a $2.95 Adobe PDF (Paypal only)

Jared A. Sorensen

Sean,

That's sick and I love it. :smile:

Crayne,
No I haven't. Not a real fan of most card games but I might have to check that one out (oh, and kudos to Mssr. Wipfle for recommending Grave Robbers from Outer Space).
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com