News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Buying items and provisions

Started by Luke Sineath, June 16, 2004, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Sineath

This is something that I don't quite understand.  Inventory is not kept track of in Donjon, right?  Then why are there rules for purchasing a specific item (for example, a "ruby-encrusted gold ring")?  

Also, I need to make sure I understand the rules here.  Say I want to by a ruby-encrusted gold ring.  I can "spend" as many of my Wealth dice as I want, and I add my Sociality dice to the roll as well.  The DM would roll 6 dice, plus the Markup dice.  If I succeed, I lose the Wealth dice I used, and gain the ring.  But...but...won't I just have to erase the Ring from my character sheet at the end of the scene?
"By all means, the GM must be ready to act out and exaggerate the personalities of all NPCs.  Even if it means breaking the table everyone is gaming on."  --Curse of Kabis

aplath

Actually you will have to erase it by the end of the adventure not by the end of the scene. So you might buy a specific item for some specific purpose in the current adventure.

Besides that, you have the Permanent Items slots that would allow you to keep (at level one) one weapon, one armour and another item between adventures.

As you go up in levels, you may get more Permanent Items.

Andreas

Clinton R. Nixon

Andreas is on it. You might want to buy something like that is for the current adventure to meet some goal; otherwise, non-weapons and armor are somewhat useless.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

ethan_greer

Quote from: aplathAs you go up in levels, you may get more Permanent Items.
Are there structured rules for this, or is it just a freeform accrual of stuff?

JamesSterrett

It's quite structured.  At every even-numbered level, you can add either one new Magic Word or one new permanent possession slot.

ethan_greer

Oh yeah, and there's even a giant freakin' experience chart that makes it all painfully clear. How'd I miss that?

Luke Sineath

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
"By all means, the GM must be ready to act out and exaggerate the personalities of all NPCs.  Even if it means breaking the table everyone is gaming on."  --Curse of Kabis